2010-06-24

Adaptation

I've been thinking recently about how quickly sometimes it seems we learn and how quickly we forget.  This is perhaps one of the gifts we are least appreciative of - even the forgetting part.  Our extravagantly designed neurons and synapses desire "new" even at the expense of archiving the "old."

We recently replaced a vehicle and instead of a metal key that jangles in my bag, I fumble around for a plastic device with buttons.  This is my personal journey enjoying the luxury of my vehicle blinking happily at me as I approach, as if to say, "I'm waiting for you!"

Memory case in point: after getting home this evening I clicked the button to lock the car, then clicked the unlock button and surprised myself when the front door of our house was still locked.

Jangly key to the rescue!

No comments: